Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wicked!

Last year, I played the Wicked soundtrack on a trip with the girl scouts and one of the girls fell in love with it. We found out that Wicked was coming to Birmingham, so we thought it would be fun to take our few girl scouts to the musical. We had a fun day! We left early enough to get lunch before the show. The girls loved the musical..as did I. Beth says it was awesome. Unfortunately, Beth didn't look too good at intermission and she complained that she had a sore throat. (She had told me that morning that her throat hurt but I just thought it was drainage from the night before. (Bad Mommy)) For the rest of the play, she snuggled up to me. We made it home and made sure that she had medicine to feel a little better until we could get her to a doctor today. Of course she has strep throat. I am grateful...we have gone almost an entire year without a strep infection for her! I do feel terrible about all the people that she could have infected. :(

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I love that sound track. I am so jealous that you got to see the play!
Hope Beth is much better. Don't knock yourself.. Clarissa said the same thing Sat. when Marky had 2 bad ear infections. You just can't tell sometimes!

wkay - peggy said...

Oh, poor beth -- Hope she is feeling better now!

Debbie said...

Wicked came to Birmingham? I hate that I missed that!