Monday, April 13, 2009

Crazy Weather Day

On Friday we had some exciting weather in the South. I had gone to visit my friend at the hospital. I knew that there was some bad weather coming but the kids didn't have an early dismissal from school so I thought it would be okay. As I got closer to the school, I realized I just needed to get home and pick up the kids when the storm passed. Emma and I got home during the first hail storm. It was amazing. I didn't take a picture of the hail but we had about quarter sized hail. We had about 4 sessions of hail and watched it pile on the trampoline. My friend called to make sure that all was well out here and just as we were talking, I saw the trampoline fly up towards the house. I quickly got Emma in the closet and prepared for whatever was going on outside. A little more hail and the storm passed. I went outside to find the trampoline and couldn't find it. I thought it was on the roof or in the front yard but it was no where to be found. I packed Emma in the car to pick up the older kids and finally found the trampoline. It had flown over the house, across the street and landed atop a fence at the back of the neighbor's property line. I am grateful that no one was injured and that it avoided anyone's property. I definitely feel blessed. Of course the kids are sad that the trampoline is ruined...I don't know if I feel the same way. :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Holy moly!!! I can't believe it grabbed your trampoline like that!!! We had almost golf ball sized hail and a ton of branches down from our trees with a little roof damage, but good grief, I'm so glad noone/nothing was damaged! (other than the trampoline)

wkay - peggy said...

Wow, that is crazy !!!