Thursday, February 21, 2008

Miss Riverton Pageant 2008

Well, I never thought that my daughter would be in a pageant. But Beth really wanted to do it this year. The participants were to wear Sunday dress attire and walk on the stage in front of judges while an emcee told about their favorite things. Mickey and I decided that we would allow her to participate.

Grandma H. looked on the internet for the perfect dress. I just wanted her to wear her baptism dress. Luckily, I have a mom who knows what little girls need/want. Beth helped pick out this dress and shoes. We had a lot of fun with that part.

The night of the pageant was fun. We hot-rolled Beth's hair..which I had never in my life done before. Put a little makeup on her, and got dressed. Unfortunately, Mickey had to stay home with Jacob and Emma because they had high fevers. But Mickey's dad came with me and we were able to enjoy the evening. I was amazed that I got so nervous for her as she was about to walk out on stage. She did her walk and smiled very well.

Although Beth did not place in the top 5, she still received a trophy for participation. Now, she wants to do it again next year. I think she just likes the new dress!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Beth looks beautiful! She is such a sweet girl and is always so willing to help out in my class. I love having her!

Mary said...

I think that Beth's gets a kick out of having the same name as you.