Thursday, February 21, 2008

Basketball Season 2007


Jacob decided to play basketball this year. He was so excited to join the Hornet's team in New Market. As he had never played before, Jacob had a lot to learn. Jacob got to pick his jersey number. With Mickey's help he choose #33. I am sure that is after some famous player...Larry Bird maybe?
He started the season barely able to dribble or shoot. By the end, he made a few attempts at shots during the game and dribbling down the court. It amazed me the progress he made in a few short months. Mickey took him to most of his practices. Then as a family, we went to all of his games. We even brought along other friends and family to cheer him on! His team won a few games but that part really didn't matter to me. He is ready to sign up next year.
Now he wants to sign up for baseball. He loves sports!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your family is so cute! I can't believe how stinkin georgous Beth is. Watch out for those teenage years, Micky's going to need a bat or something bigger to keep them all away! I think you're doing a great job at your blog! Matt and I are getting tempted to start one for our family, we'll have to see!

Mary said...

Thanks Amy! Mickey is already planning his tactics. :)