Thursday, December 2, 2010

A look back....

I started this blog as a way to journal. And I wanted to have an easy way to show family and friends what we were doing. Since the pregnancy/birth of Maggie I have failed miserably at this blog. :( So more for me but here is a recap of an exciting Jones' family year.
  • Celebrated Mickey's birthday with our friends, the Cowans.
  • On the way home a deer ran into Maggie's door.
  • Beth sang Fireflies by Owl City in her school's talent show...it was awesome.
  • Maggie sat up in February! Yay. This girl loves to be held.
  • Beth and Jacob played basketball in the Upward league.
  • We had our annual Family Valentines dinner with fancy pink drinks.
  • Went to Chattanooga during spring break. We also went to the Mayfield Creamery...YUM!
  • I spent a lot of time outside with the kids while they rode their bikes.
  • Put the house on the market...and it still is.
  • Had a visit from my sister, Tina, and her girls.
  • I started the Couch to 5K with my sister.
  • I ran in 3 5k's this year and improved my time!
  • Mickey was called into the bishopric at church and I was released as the YW president.
  • Beth played in her piano recital and even Grandma, Grandpa, Tina and her girls were there.
  • Spent July in Michigan and got to see all of my siblings except for Allyson.
  • Celebrated Maggie's first birthday at a water park and followed it with a homemade cake from Grandma.
  • Kids started back to school. Beth is in 6th grade, Jacob is in 3rd grade and Emma started kindergarten.
  • I have had to adjust to having only one baby home.
  • We have taken some nature walks in beautiful areas.
  • Mickey took the kids fishing.
  • The Nina and Pinta replicas sailed into Ditto Landing, so we toured them.
  • For fall break, we headed to Tennessee and saw historic places followed by some fun in Pigeon Forge.
  • Mickey and I have both lost a little weight. Yay!
  • Maggie, who refused to crawl, finally walked at 14 months.
  • Beth and Jacob are in basketball again. But this time Emma signed up for cheerleading.

We have had a wonderful year and I hope to be better about posting. :)

1 comment:

Ranee J Fratangelo said...

So I try to check my blog every day...and I said is that Mary...number one? I love the new look and the pictures!