I put some syrup (water and sugar and a little maple flavoring) on to warm for breakfast and walked away. I got a little distracted. When the house was filled with smoke, I realized that something was amiss. :) I had turned the heat onto medium instead of low and this is the result. It took a minute to air out the house. I have learned my lesson...or at least I hope I have.
5 comments:
I don't care that it burned. The fact that you were making your own syrup is pretty darn impressive to me!
One day I was boiling eggs and walked away. The water boiled completely away and the eggs were black and busted open. I tossed the eggs outside and not even the animals would sample them. And the awful burnt eggs smell took forever to vacate the house, shudder... bad memories!!!
Fantastic failure! (Isn't that what they say on "Meet The Robinsons?") I've exploded a breadmaker before it makes you feel any better! :)
So sorry!!! Guess I'm glad I'm a lazy mom who only feeds our kids syrup out of the bottle:)
Looks fine to me... :D
Post a Comment