Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First Day of School

Before Mickey and I had kids, I saw a commercial for Staples. In the background, a Christmas song was playing, "It's the most wonderful time of the year." Then you see a dad walking down the isle throwing school supplies in the shopping cart while dancing and a huge smile on his face. Then it panned to side where a son and daughter were standing with their arms folded and unhappy faces. I laughed for a while at that commercial. Now that we have kids going to school, I quietly sing that song in my head at this time of year! :)

Seriously, I will really miss my darling children. They have been such a help to me this summer. Beth loves to clean and Jacob loves to help with Emma. We got to meet their teachers on Monday and they both seemed to be a good fit for the kids. As Emma is sleeping, I wonder how she will adjust to being home with just me. In September, Emma will go to preschool for 2 half days a week. What will I do with 6 hours all to myself????

2 comments:

Beth said...

I hope they had a good first day!

Anonymous said...

Your new blog background is cute as heck!!!